The funeral home was established in 1865 by Mr. Cole, later joined by Garrett. Then moved into its current location, purchased from the Meyers family in 1933. There is more and this is an important piece for this location. Although we maintain the history and much of the front interior of the building, the back side has been renovated to include a reception center, our exclusive Legacy Gallery, modern offices and convenient access to the funeral home from the side entrance through a new open floor plan.
The Cole & Garrett Funeral Home in Goodlettsville, purchased in 1933, still retains the beauty and charm of a traditional colonial home. Later additions of spacious chapels, comfortable family rooms and new parking areas have made this stately building even more impressive.
We are proud to be a part of the community and its history. In our lobby is a mural depicting landmarks and buildings from the past. We invite you to stop in and see how the town appeared over 200 years ago.
Below are just a few of the homes featured in our lobby.
White House location. With an attractive red brick exterior, the funeral home features a large chapel, a pleasant family room and a convenient refreshment area on the premises. Constructed in 1955, the funeral home exemplifies Cole & Garrett’s commitment to quality and excellence in family care.