Lottie C. Smith, 82, passed away with family by her side, Friday September 14, 2018. Born November 5, 1935 in Oneida, TN, she was the daughter of the late Glenn Edison Caylor and Lottie (Waters) Caylor. Lottie was also preceded in death by her husband, William “Spud” Smith; a brother, Roscoe Smith; and her daughter-in-law, Rhonda Smith. Lottie’s mother died during childbirth leaving Lottie to be raised by her aunt. She was a devout Catholic and parishioner of St. Joseph’s Church. She had worked in early childhood education as a member of the St. Joseph’s Daycare staff as well as for other day cares. She loved anything to do with being around and educating children. Needless to say her family was very near and dear to her heart. She also enjoyed knitting and crocheting, reading, gardening and baking. For many years she kept a journal. She is survived by her daughter, Michelle “Missy” Patterson and her husband Kevin; two sons, Lynn Smith and his wife Kathy, and Jamie Smith; 7 grandchildren and 2 great-grandchildren. A Celebration of Life Service will be held Tuesday at 11 AM at Cole & Garrett Funeral Home, Goodlettsville. Visitation will be from 9 – 11 AM Tuesday; a reception for family and friends at the funeral home will be held following the service.
Lottie C Smith
Born in Oneida, TN on November 5, 1935
Departed on September 14, 2018 and resided in Hendersonville, TN
- Visitation: Cole & Garrett Funeral Home, Goodlettsville Room: Chapel
- Tuesday September 18, 2018 9:00am to 11:00am
- Life Celebration Service: Cole & Garrett Funeral Home, Goodlettsville Room: Chapel
- Tuesday September 18, 2018 11:00am to 12:00pm
- Reception: Cole & Garrett Funeral Home, Goodlettsville Room: Reception Hall
- Tuesday September 18, 2018 12:00pm to 2:00pm
Click on the links above for maps and directions. View current weather.