Blanche Brown Ahern died April 12, 2018 at her home. She was born July 21, 1923. She was preceded in death by her husband of 60 years, F. Joseph Ahern. She served her country as a Navy nurse in World War II. She continued her nursing career for 40 years. She was a lifelong member of the Rivergate Church of Christ. She is survived by daughters, Jane Ahern Smith (Harry) of Decatur, Alabama and Phoebe Ahern Kitts (Joe) of Goodlettsville, Tennessee. The family greatly appreciates Blanche’s caregivers, Becky Ingle, Cynthia Darden, Cynthia Moore and Lorie Horton. Visitation will be held Sunday from 2 – 6 PM and Monday from 10 – 11 AM at Cole and Garrett Funeral Home, Goodlettsville. The funeral will be held Monday at 11 AM followed by burial at Forest Lawn Cemetery. Family and friends will act as pallbearers.
Blanche Brown Ahern
Born in Portland, TN on July 21, 1923
Departed on April 12, 2018 and resided in Old Hickory, TN
- Visitation: Cole & Garrett Funeral Home, Goodlettsville Room: Stateroom
- Sunday April 15, 2018 2:00pm to 6:00pm
- Monday April 16, 2018 10:00am to 11:00am
- Life Celebration Service: Cole & Garrett Funeral Home, Goodlettsville Room: Chapel
- Monday April 16, 2018 11:00am to 12:00pm
Click on the links above for maps and directions. View current weather.